Sunday, September 6, 2009

Dear Diary: The First Entry (Bella)

It is kind of weird, to have to share a diary with my family. But regardless, there is no secrets in the house anyway, so the whole point of writing down your deepest, darkest secrets in a diary is kind of moot.

Life now, is interesting. Jacob has been coming frequently, too frequently for my liking, to visit Renesmee. But as time passed, I found that i could slowly understand his desperate need to see her. She is growing fast, very fast, and I do not think that Jacob wants to miss much of her growth. Yesterday, she outgrew a outfit that Rosalie had bought for her in 10 hours. When we first dressed her, the frilly dress had fit her perfectly, not too long, not too short. But by the end of 10 hours, when Edward went to check on her, the dress was 5 cm above her knee. Though you may think it is not much, the dress was 3 cm below her knee when she first wore it. Carlisle was instantly serious when Edward reported about it. I locked eyes with Jake, who was also there with us, and from the look in each other's eyes, we shared a common thought- why is she still growing so fast?

Carlisle deduced that perphaps the growth spurt would slow down with the passage of time, but she was still growing really fast. Although there really is no harm at all, all of us just cannot but help wonder what really is happening, since there is no medical theory about it. This entry is starting to get a little depressing, so i will move on to other things.

Just yesterday, Alice dragged Rose and me to Seattle for a full day shopping trip. She started off with clothes for Esme and us, and obviously for herself. Everytime she saw something that caught her fancy, she would pick it out with a size XS. First, she dragged us to Dolce and Gabbana and we came out half an hour later with the staff staring at us with worshipful eyes, especially the guys, and our arms ladened with an average of 3 bags full of clothes each. Then she dragged us to Louis Vuitton and she bought a total of 5 bags for herself. Rose and I each got 2 while we picked out 3 for Esme. And you can guess the rest that happens. Gucci, Armani, Cartier, Chanel etc. You name it, we were there. By the time we finished shopping for ourself, we had already made 3 trips to the Volvo to ditch the bags. Then we went to Ralph Lauren, Boss, Tods and a bunch of other places to get new stuff for Carlisle, Edward, Jazz and Em.

By the time we got home, we were mentally exhuasted. Well, for me, anyway. Alice was still hyper and jumping all around as if she could go for another 10 hours straight of shopping. Well, I was going to put my foot down the next time. Go only for half day shopping trips. If Alice didnt always have a way to get what she wants and I not a sucker for guilt traps, I'll never have gone for those long shopping trips. I used to not like shopping much, back before I came to Forks, but Alice has totally changed that perspective. On some days I totally despise it, but on others, like her, I'll be dying to go and shop. Guess that means there is something wrong with my brain, though Jake is always joking about a technical glitch in my head. As usual.

The good thing was Edward was there, with Renesmee to welcome me home. Until I saw him, I had yet to realise that I missed him alot. He smiled, and my body melted like butter under the scorching heat of his beautiful golden eyes.

It is getting late, so I will stop here for this entry. I do not think it will be me writing the next time, maybe Edward or Alice.

Stay tuned regardless.
Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment