Friday, September 11, 2009

Dear Diary: Visit (Alice)

Try and guess what I saw this morning. No idea? Well, I saw that Renee was coming for a visit.

Carlisle, Esme and I were getting ready to hunt. "Let's..." Carlisle started to say, but I didn't hear the rest of his words. One moment I was looking at Esme, the next I was locked in the vision of the future.

Renee was walking to our porch, smiling, as she prepared to see Bella. Before she got the chance to knock, Edward had opened the door. "Hello Renee," he greeted. To her, it would seem welcoming and warm, but underlying it was tension. It was obvious that he should feel nervous. What would Bella do? Could she control herself? Or will Renee smell so delicious to her that she would slip? Renee said "Hi. Edward." Just then, Bella would walk over. "Bella!" Renee would squeal in delight. Bella smiled. Just then, Bella took a breathe and stiffened. Her eyes shifted out of focus. She started baring her teeth and sliding into a crouch. Renee watched, her eyes growing wider, but not understanding anything...

I gasped aloud.

The vision disappeared into nothing and I came back into the present.

"Alice!" Jasper shook me, at my side after he heard my gasp. "What did you see Alice?" Carlisle asked. I knew, or at least I think I knew, how my face would look like. Started out blank, as I saw the future. And the horror of not knowing what might happen. Then irritation as I cursed those werewolves silently in my head. Jacob or Seth or someone must have done something that made the entire vision disappear.

I refocused on Jazz's worried face. Then at Esme and then Carlisle. Luckily, Edward and Bella were not here. Then I imagined telling them all about it and shuddered. "What's wrong, Alice?" Esme said gently, taking my hand.

"I...I..." I stammered.

"Just say it, Alice." This was Jasper's voice.

I took a deep breathe. And trilled the words out. "I saw the Renee would be coming to visit Bella. But..."

I did not get to finish as Emmett bounded in through the door, laughing. "Seriously Alice, Renee coming to see Bella got you gasping?" he managed to say in between his chortles.

"I haven't even finish!" I snapped at him. My tone made him stop. "I saw that Bella would take a deep breathe and she would stiffen, her eyes would unfocus, but that's all I saw. The vision just disappeared." I whispered.

"And you won't know what will happen." Esme said in horror after she had recovered herself. Everyone had frozen into statues.

"Exactly." I breathed.

"What if Bella really..." Carlisle trailed off, not wanting to speak out his thoughts.

"Alice, what is the day she will come and visit?" Jasper asked.

My face turned blank as i shifted through that vision. Her plane was touching down on the 18th of September.

"18th"

"A week." Esme said.

"Well, tell the dogs to change their whatever schedule they have so Alice can SEE" Emmett said, clearly not caring much anymore. His tone made it sound that that was the perfect solution.

I wanted to punch him. I was surprised no one had actually done it yet. But everyone was deep in thought.

The sound of the Volvo broke our intense concentration. Oh no. Edward, Bella, Renesmee and Jacob were back.

Darn! Should Edward know? And when he does... I stuttered in my thoughts.

Edward was the first to come to where we were. "What, Alice? What are you hiding from me?" He demanded, his forhead creased. I WAS blocking my thoughts pretty hard.

Something you don't want to hear, Edward.

"Tell me!"

No. No I can't Edward!

"Fine. Carlisle will tell me."

Carlisle shot me a panicked glance, his calm shakened.

Fine! Fine, fine, fine! I'll tell you! I'll give you the vision too. But don't freak out!

And I gave him a run down on everything.

I will continue this post another time, and tell you what happened after telling Edward everything.

Alice.

No comments:

Post a Comment